Sunday, July 12, 2009

OK. I have to be honest. While I was on vacation, I started a novel that turned into obsessively reading the entire series. My duties, friends, and even family all took the back burner from time to time. AND, obviously, my brand new blog. Shameful.
So, what was I reading that turned me into a reading zombie? Mark Twain? Lewis Carroll? William Shakespeare? No, how's Stephanie Meyer for ya?
That's right. Teenage vampire novels. All four, back to back. No extra corricular activities. I managed to cook plenty. But, that was about the extent of it. I even managed to obtain a reading-realted accident while I was off in book landia. I won't go into details.
So, I leave you with the dish-hit of the week. Sorry, no photos. I'm still recovering from being bitten. :)

Arugula & Prosciutto Ravoli

1 package of home-made ravoli serving four. (for those of us who don't make our own ravoli, it is worth it to seek out local Italian shops that to provide you with respectable pasta)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced.
2 oz of thinly sliced prosciutto
1 tps crushed red pepper (or to taste)
1 summer squash
1 cup parmesian cheese
2 cups packed arugula, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped

directions:
1. Cook ravoli to directions.
meanwhile...
2. Heat Oil over medium heat, add squash, garlic, prosciutto, and red pepper until squash looks done. about 3-5 minutes.
3. Drain ravoli, toss with parmesian, add squash mix.
4. Top with arugula and tomato.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment